. Why is insulin identified as a High-alert medication?
Guide to answer the
death can come with hypoglycemia & huperg lucemic
11. What is the prescribed route of administration?
12. According to the MAR, which pre-administration assessment is required for insulin?
assess capillary blood glucose level
13. What is the rationale for allowing blood to wick onto the test strip rather than scraping it onto the
strip when performing blood glucose monitoring?
it could give you Yos hea -
14. Based on the 0700 capillary blood glucose level of 236 mg/dL and the correction insulin scale on the
MAR, how many units of insulin will you administer?
15. Ms. Maxwell's MAR states to use "U-100" insulin: What does this mean?
She spesically resulted to use A "U- 10O" insulin
Rach 1 ImL contains look Of insulin & the med is
usually supplied in 100 units per ml
16. Regular insulin is short-acting. Refer to the pharmacodynamics in your drug guide and list the onset,
peak and duration of this medication.
30 ming - Ihr
Pre-laboratory activity NURS 150 $23 Lab 4
Uploaded by AmbassadorFangCoyote25 on coursehero.com