INFORMATION ON PROJECT
: INDIVIDUAL .... NOT GROUP
: The week of
Nov 27, 2017 during the following classes:
Tu 8:30 am,
Tues 7:00 pm, &
7:00 pm - NO EXCUSES or LATE PAPERS ACCEPTED
: 200 points
QUALITY OF WORK
: YOU MUST MAKE A SERIOUS EFFORT AND
EXPLAIN IN DETAIL YOUR THOUGHT
PROCESS AND REASONING
DO NOT TURN IN A PAPER THAT ONLY DISCUSSES EACH TOPIC WITH
A SINGLE SENTENCE OR TWO.
THIS IS A GOLDEN OPPORTUNITY TO POSITIVELY AFFECT YOUR
Choose a product, service, or business in the industry of your choice. Make sure that there are at
least two other similar ( but with different target audiences ) products, services, or businesses in
the same industry, so that you can compare the three
. Examples: Theme Parks featuring Disneyland,
Knotts Berry Farm, and Six Flags Magic Mountain or.... three magazines like Cat Fancy, Fortune, and
Seventeen ... or....car models like a Tercel, a Ford F-150, and a Maserati ....or.....food places like a Soup
Kitchen, Denny's and Ruth's Chris Steakhouse .... You get the idea ???? Make up your own three.
- Keep it under 30 pages....
There are 10 questions on the topics you have chosen and
ones in green
- Single or double spaced....surprise me.
- Print it out
two-sided if possible....SAVE PAPER.
- No citation page required ( most of this you will have to figure out in your head.
- No table of contents ( just answer all questions in the order asked ).
- All tables and charts must be electronically created ( no hand drawn )
# 1, plus
# 2, plus # 3, plus # 4, should be equal in length to one half of your paper by themselves. The
other nine questions should equal the other half of the paper ( approximately ).
- Discuss, in as much detail as necessary, the following topics
1. Describe all of the segmentation variables that your three choices used to target their customers.
are they different from each other ?
(Geographic, Demographic, Psychographic, and Benefits
A chart that
your discussion is necessary.
This will be a long answer.
Discuss the Marketing Mix for all three products. ( Four P's ) .
all three in detail
chart of the four P's
expect this section to be quite extensive
.... ( Long discussion and chart )
3. Visit the web sites for all three competitors. Give a synopsis of your findings and thoughts. Are they
user friendly sites ? Do they provide needed information ? Are they interactive ? Do they offer
coupons, locations, or directions, if applicable ? Tell me as though I am blind.
This should be pretty
How have each of the three competitors positioned themselves in the market- place ?
opinion, have they done a good job ? If not, why not ? Do you feel that the target consumers see the
company properly (as the company expects) ?
Design a short survey...5 Questions
to find out and analyze the results. For example, do all three competitors occupy the same