1. Explain what a quality system is and its role in maintaining continuous
improvement within an organisation.
The quality management system aids in the achievement of the ultimate goal
of meeting the needs of consumers and the company. A company's quality
management system aids in ongoing improvement.
The following are some of the advantages:
• Defining, improving, and regulating processes
• Reducing waste
• Preventing errors
• Lowering expenses
• Facilitating and recognising training opportunities
• Creating a sense of belonging among employees
• Establishing a strategic vision for the company
• demonstrating a willingness to deliver consistent results
2. Explain how a knowledge management system can assist an organisation in
its continuous improvement processes.
Any system that helps individuals in a business or organisation create,
distribute, access, and update knowledge and information connected to the
business and their roles is known as knowledge management (KM).
knowledge management system can assist an organisation in its continuous
improvement processes by:
• Improves organisational efficiency
• Creates effective problem-solving
• Focuses on employee development
• Shares expertise
• Improving organisational efficiency
• Creating effective problem-solving
• Focusing on employee development